Attendance at an orientation session is a mandatory requirement prior to starting any domestic vocational course at SGSCC.
Orientation is a Workplace Health & Safety and National Training Standards requirement for all onsite accredited students.
Once you confirm you would like to proceed with a course our Vocational Student Advisor (VSA) will contact you via email to confirm all orientation details.
The orientation session covers:
- Introduction to the College
- SGSCC Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Direction
- NSW Smart and Skilled
- College tour & facilities
- Evacuation plan / WHS
- Student wellbeing support
- College standards & classroom expectations
- Student handbook
- Work placement
- First aid training
- Assessment guidelines
- Facebook & communication
- Required documents
It is also where required forms & documents are completed & provided, based on your course. These include:
- SGSCC Enrolment Form
- USI Form (Unique Student Identifier)
- LLN Assessment (Language, Literacy & Numeracy)
- Agreement to Pay
- Police Check (Community Services & Childhood Education only)
- Proof of Citizenship ID
- WWCC: Working with Children Check (Community Services & Childhood Education only)
- Smart & Skilled Consent Form (if applicable)
- Smart & Skilled Training Plan (if applicable)
- Orientation Declaration
For more information on this orientation session, please contact our Vocational Student Advisor on 02 8543 7412.