What are the benefits of employing a trainee?
- A highly skilled workforce makes your business more profitable
- Your staff are trained in a nationally recognised qualification
- Corporate knowledge is retained and maintained by well trained staff
- Government regulated
Who can apply to become a trainee?
Trainees can be any age. They can include employees who may be new to the business (new entrant) and in some industries existing employees may be eligible.
What is involved?
Traineeships require a partnership between the trainee, the employer, a Registered Training Organisation (SGSCC Workskills) and an Australian Apprenticeship Centre (AAC). SGSCC Workskills creates an individually tailored training plan and monitors delivery and progress with the workplace supervisor. The AAC advises the employer on any matters regarding the contractual obligations surrounding traineeships.
What costs are involved in the training?
SGSCC Workskills offers fee-for-service Traineeships so costs are variable depending upon the qualification.
Modes of Delivery
SGSCC Workskills uses innovative training practices to deliver to its trainees, and the mode of delivery is usually determined by the employer and employee depending on what will best suit their needs.
Trainees receive hard copies of learner guides and their main contact with the trainer is through regular individual workplace visit.
Traineeships Available through SGSCC Workskills
- CHC22015 Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC30215 Certificate III in Community Services
- CHC40215 Certificate IV in Community Services
- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
- CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support
- CHC30113 Certificate III Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- BSB20115 Certificate II in Business
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- BSB42615 Certificate IV in New Small Business
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
- BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication
- BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- BSB50215 Diploma of Business
- BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB50615 Diploma of Human Resources Management
- ICT20115 Certificate II in Information, Digital Media & Tech