St George & Sutherland Community College Inc (SGSCC) is a Registered Training Organisation (Provider No: 7091) registered by Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) trading as SGSCC WorkSkills. SGSCC is also an approved Delegate of the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), with national recognition as required by ASQA. For more information about being an ASQA Delegate please click here.
SGSCC is also a Commonwealth Register Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) Provider 03122K.
SGSCC is a member of:
- Adult Learning Australia (Click here)
- Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET) (Click here)
- Community Colleges Australia (CCA) (Click here)
Workskills Policies & Student Handbook
Access and Equity Policy
The College follows the principles of Equity and Diversity as core components of all the College practices ensuring all people involved in the College have equal opportunity and access. Equity and Diversity are inclusive and allow us to recognise that both differences and similarities play a big role in our College Community. The College values those things that make us different and uses them as opportunities to work and learn together to improve the College Community. The College is committed to the Disability Standards for Education 2005. All people have a right to Lifelong Learning.
Payment of Fees by instalment
- Payments are interest free
- Payment Due Date and Amount Payable are shown in the Payment Schedule
- First payment is due on enrolment. The remaining payments are paid at the beginning of each month and the final payment is due one month before course completion date
- The Workskills Office Manager will follow up if a payment is declined.
- Failure to pay will result in being excluded from the course until payment is received.
- Failure to pay will render the student liable to be pursued in Court for breach of the agreement.
Nationally Accredited Courses
An AQF Certificate or Statement of Attainment issued by a Registered Training Organisation assures that students are competent in the standards set by industry. A nationally recognised VET qualification (indicated by the Nationally Recognised Training [NRT] logo) means that students have portable skills and qualifications that will mean something right around Australia.
Nationally Recognised and Accredited courses are identified in the College brochure by the Nationally Recognised Training Logo. Being nationally recognised ensures a high quality of course delivery along with portability of qualifications that are recognised by employers and Registered Training Organisations throughout Australia.
SGSCC is responsible for:
- The compliance of training and assessment
- Issuance of AQF certificates or Statements of Attainment
SGSCC does not guarantee that a student:
- Will successfully complete their qualification. The student is required to be deemed Competent for each unit of competency of a qualification
- Can complete a qualification other than how SGSCC has planned its training and assessment strategies and practices consistent with the requirements of the relevant training package or accredited course
- Will obtain a particular employment outcome on the completion of their qualification
In the event that SGSCC closes or ceases to deliver the training and/or assessment the student will be advised by SGSCC of their rights and as to how they are protected and avenues to continue and complete their course.
Rights and Responsibilities of Students
Students have the right to:
- Be treated fairly and with respect by SGSCC staff and students in line with equity and anti-discrimination legislation and the Disability Standards for Education 2005.
- Privacy, dignity & confidentiality
- Quality provision of courses that recognise and appreciate individual needs and learning styles and contain no hidden costs
- Complain through appropriate channels
- Appeal for a review of the results of an assessment
- Be protected from all forms of harassment
- Expect truth in advertising
- Know about policies referring to them
- A safe & clean learning environment
Students have the responsibility to:
- Treat other SGSCC students and staff with respect and fairness and not to exercise prejudice against people with disability.
- Read the General Student Information in the College brochure
- Behave in an acceptable and appropriate manner towards other clients and staff and to respect the property of the College, host schools, lessors and clients
- Refrain from swearing in classrooms and other learning areas
- Not behave in any way that could offend, embarrass or threaten others
- Provide own course requirements where applicable (and where notified)
- Be punctual and regular in attendance
- Provide accurate information about themselves and advise of any changes
- Not to use mobile phones, pagers or similar devices at any time in the class (except as a translating device for English programs)
- Not engage in plagiarism, collusion or cheating in any assessment task
- Submit all assessment tasks by the due date or ask for an extension of time if there are exceptional circumstances
- Follow normal safety practices (eg: following both written and verbal directions given by SGSCC staff)
Rights and Responsibilities of the College
The College has the right to:
- remove from class, students who do not behave in an acceptable and appropriate manner towards College staff and students and who do not respect the property of the College, host schools, lessors and fellow students.
- refuse enrolment as permitted by law
- to charge course fees
The College has the responsibility to:
- provide a safe workplace
- provide protection from financial exploitation of its clients
- protect the privacy and confidentiality of clients and employees
- provide physical access for clients and employees dependent upon the access and facilities/resources available
- inform employees and clients of policy pertaining to them
- ensure honesty and truth in any advertising conducted
- act in an ethical manner in all its dealings and in line with equity and anti-discrimination legislation