St George & Sutherland Community College (SGSCC) brings to you, parents & students, the Shire Business College (SBC).
There is no need to look further. We will be connecting youth with training & employment opportunities locally. We saw a need in our community to create a Business College for school leavers, offering our local students
qualifications and work-life balance within their community. No need to give up a part time job to continue studying, we offer packages that support learning whilst earning.
Our qualifications will be delivered over 2-3 days a week allowing students the time to get a job or continue their part time job, whilst getting qualified to Diploma level.
Today’s employers are not only looking for employees with qualifications, they want people with practical life, communication & team skills, wrapped up in a professional cloak of work ethics. Our programme offers the full package employers are looking for.
We will inspire minds & enrich lives in an ethical, caring & professional way to create the next generation of local business leaders. We are excited to see the next generation join us at the Shire Business College.
Our program will include:
- Qualifications to Diploma level
- Quality education & training
- Industry current trainers
- Work placement program
- Career advice
- Resume & business portfolio
- Job seeking & interview skills
- Computer skills
- Language, Literacy & Numeracy support
Our professional development workshops will include:
- A social media profile clean-up
- Personal styling for work
- Professional conversation skills
- Financial literacy
- Tax & Superannuation
- Time management
- Learning & communication styles
- Generational differences
- Workplace ethics & standards
- Business networking
- Out & about, ‘social responsibility’